- Sujok is actually a combination of two Korean words; namely “Su” meaning hands and “Jok” meaning feet.
- So, Sujok means treating on hands and feet. Sujok acupuncture is a natural therapy of healing without drugs or medications.
- You can get instant and effective relief without medication with Sujok and it is also absolutely safe without any side effects.
- Sujok is actually a treatment that massages hands and feet.Each session of Sujok is only of 15 minutes and you may require a total of 16 sessions of Sujok for getting rid of any physical or meta-physical suffering via Sujok.
- it is used to cure bronchitis,asthma, headaches, dizziness, migraines, gastritis, ulcers, diabetes, and also mental disorders like depression etc. Moreover, Sujok is also known to be effective in weight loss.
Benefits of Sujok Therapy:
- It is safe. Only the hands and/or feet are treated, never the body;
- Treatment plans are tailored to meet client’s needs;
- There are no contraindications and any adverse effects to treatment can immediately be rectified;
- Clients are instructed in homecare so treatment continues between appointments. This involves the client in their healing process;
- Anyone can learn the techniques and apply it on themselves, family and friends.
“Su Jok Therapy is probably one of the best alternative therapy tools around. I felt immense benefit after two sessions for my neck and shoulders after a whiplash accident”, says Katherine Frewin.
The beauty about this treatment is it gives the patient self-control over their well-being, were they can manage their health in the safe environment of their home.
History of Su Jok:
- This brilliant, simple and straightforward therapy was introduced in the 1980s by Korean scientist, Professor Park Jae Woo.
- After years of clinical practice and experience, he discovered that certain areas in the palms and soles of the feet corresponded to particular body parts and organs.
- By applying pressure and firm massage to the hands and feet of a patient, they would state how well and cured they felt of all types of chronic pains and illnesses.
- This Korean therapy highlights how disease and illnesses begins in our mind, causing energy imbalances or blockages in certain organs.
- Su Jok therapy is part of the Onnuri Medicine, an integrated system of treatment comprising of a variety of techniques to return the body to its natural and healthy equilibrium: some of these methods include, magnet therapy, seed application therapy, colour therapy, smile meditations, smile yoga, crystal therapy and moxibustion.
- Only hands and feet are treated because the therapy believes all diseases and illnesses can be cured through these parts of the body.
- Try this – point your hand downwards and place the thumb in the middle of the hand.
- If you were to look closely at this image, you should see how the index and little finger resemble the arms; and the middle and ring finger are the legs.
- The eight fingers correspond to a body part and each globule is a pressure point for a specific organ, which is positioned under the skin.
- When these globules are stimulated, energy waves are passed to the corresponding organ.
- For instance, if you were to press with your free index and middle finger on the corresponding point sends a fresh flow of blood to the problem area.
- For example, for a sore throat press the middle of the left thumb (which represents the face), or for a headache add pressure to the left thumb-nail.