- This is a very soothing treatment that uses a product called moxa, derived from an herb called mugwort.
- The moxa is held over the affected area to speed the healing process.
- The moxa warms the affected area, stimulates circulation of blood and qi (energy), dissipates cold and dampness and can even turn a breech baby when held over the appropriate area.
Advantages of Moxibustion:
- Moxibustion warms the channels.
- Promotes the circulation of blood and Qi.
- Stimulates the Accupuncture points.
- Build Qi and blood.
Disadvantages of Moxibustion:
- It causes muscle soreness.
- It causes pain.