- A technique used for muscle tension, neck and shoulder pain, low back pain, and upper respiratory infections.
- As with gua sha, it too stimulates the flow of blood and qi to the area to facilitate healing.
- A vacuum is created in small glass cups which are then placed over specific areas of the body.
Advantages of Cupping:
- Increase the circulation of the blood.
- Unblocks the block energy from the body.
- It reduces the stress and anxiety.
- Warms the skin.
- Softens the skin.
- Reduces the inflammation.
Disadvantages of Cupping:
- It will sometimes lead to bruises and swelling in your body
- Cause of burns are high.
- During the cupping section therapy light headedness and dizziness occurs.
- If the glass is same place for too long,then the changes of damages and blistering are high.